Surveyor or Chartered Surveyor – is there a difference?

Many people are unaware that only members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) can legally call themselves ‘Chartered Surveyors’. Members can be easily identified because they are entitled to use the initials MRICS or FRICS after their name.

But, some may ask, won’t  any ‘surveyor’  do for a residential property inspection? Aren’t all surveyors the same? The response is quite simple – no. In the UK all residential property inspections are carried out by Chartered Surveyors – RICS is the foremost and largest professional body for Surveyors in the UK and throughout the world. Only RICS members are governed by the strict ethical and professional guidelines which are applied by the governing body. Only RICS members have access to the best practice and reporting  guidelines which are set out and constantly developed by RICS.

With the growth of internet business, particularly outside of the UK, there are many who offer their services as ‘surveyors’. Some may have relevant studies or experience – many do not. Do not be misled or confused  about whether a surveyor is a Chartered Surveyor – a simple check at on the ‘find a surveyor’ section will reveal whether the surveyor is a member of RICS.

Marow Chartered Surveyors are one of the very few surveying practices in the Valencia region in Spain in which all surveying services are carried out by a Chartered Surveyor. Do not take an unnececssary risk with your property decisions – consult a professional Chartered Surveyor.

Marow Chartered Surveyors. Property. People.

Leave a Reply

Uso de cookies

Este sitio web utiliza cookies para que usted tenga la mejor experiencia de usuario. Si continúa navegando está dando su consentimiento para la aceptación de las mencionadas cookies y la aceptación de nuestra política de cookies, pinche el enlace para mayor información.

Aviso de cookies